Wednesday 11 March 2009

Yep, another uneventful yet pleasant day at the Inn.

Howdee. Not too much to report since I don't do an awful lot in here, and can't go out much since iv meds are four times a day at the mo, so not a big enough gap! I am however feeling fairly well compared to how I was a couple of months ago, so it's like a walk in the park really this time. I decided to split my exercise in to two sessions so I could do more with less tiredness. So in the morning I did 20 minutes at 4.4kph, on 2 litres O2, then in the afters I did 20 minutes at 4.6kph followed by 5 minutes at 3 to cool down a bit. I was breathy but felt good for it so all in all, it could me much worse fitness wise!

Tomorrow holds the day of reckoning where main consultant comes round after lung functions, weigh ins ect ect. So I'm hoping she's in a good mood and will let me do home IVs asap. The dr today said that the IV steroids can prolly stop tomorrow as it looks like the pills are going in okay, although the proper levels need to be checked. So hopefully back to minimal side effects. Having said that... I'll miss my enormous appetite if it goes back to normal after. I have eaten more in the past days then I have been in a week recently! Today I've had:

Bran flakes with milk, orange juice, and a yoghurt
One of the fresubin supplement drinks (400kcal)
Shephards pie, peas, swede, and pear and chocolate crumble with custard
Some little cake thingy that lovely cake lady (louis' mum) made
Beef goulash and dumplings, salad, more swede, more crumble and custard, and an apple
Another fresubin drink, crisps, and two more yogurts. And loads of water of course. And ahem... creon. LOL.
I mean.... I know I need to eat loads of calories but jeez!! I don't know what's come over me and to be honest, I could carry on if I weren't concerned for my stomach's ability to suddenly have so much! Absolute fatty. Nom, nom, nom.

So I'm thinkinnn, lung functions would look dazzling at about 65% tomorrow. Yes perlease... Cummonn drugs, exercise and food work your magic.

I'll have news tomorrow on my escapage. Stay cool amigos xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment