Tuesday 10 March 2009

Hmmm. Good weekend followed, in typical style, by not very good week.

Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend. First reason was a yay one in that I was with the boyo, celebrating his bday, seeing avenue Q, and going to his fancy dress party then staying in Southend with him. Was a dead good weekend!! Untill sunday morning where despite not being hung over (I only had 2 units), I felt like poo left to go a bit cold then reheated and served as shephards pie filling in a questionable cafe by a lady called Doreen Mingeton.
I didn't, if am honest, get any exercise in the weekend other than walking around Covent garden for a bit on Friday and some dodgey dancing at the partaaay (as wilma flintstone). And I kept needing to have a sit down rather than dancing as I was either hacking away or quite out of breath. All because of a stooopid cold I caught last week. I had nearly got quite good again on the cipro, then with the cold went rubbish again. Thought I may get away with it because I was on day 10 of cipro, but come Monday, I gave in to the endless bubbly cough and called the trusty CF mobile. And came up that afternoon, my plan really being to check my lung functions weren't down, get checked over, and get more orals to see me through.
Hooooever, even tho LFs were 58%, so only down a tadge, I decided I'd mix it up and get a temperature heart rate of 140 JUST in time to have my obs done. The registrar sort of seemed not too concerned untill the nurse took my sputum sample off me, took one look and went 'errr... oooohhhh' Now, to me, I didn't think it would raise much concern because although green and unnattractive it was, chunky and pluggo it was not, for a change. It's quite thin for me now at last, but apparently they thought it was too thick and have started me on another med to help thin it. Which I wanted anyway so woo. Goody.
On a tres plus side, my resting sats were, and have been, 96-per-fecking-cent!! Blimmin ace that. (86 when I walk so need O2 for exercise but ho hum) and chest x-ray has cleared a bit at the left base, which would be why I can't hear nearly as many crackles! Exciting stuff really.
Bad news was because tempo was up despite all the cipro and steroids, I have had to stick around for IVs. And I mean IV antiBs and IV steroids... which trust me, have MANY more side effects than my pills.... hahahaha. I shall look back and laugh I'm sure.

I reckon though, that if the LF is up a bit, temps stay away, and I still feel okay by thursday, I should get a kick out. On home IVs, but out of here. Good news is with the hydrocortisone, I am HUNGRY. Like, so hungry I actually cleaned all my plates of food and then WANTED the fresubin carton after. And I don't even really like the supplement drinks, I'm just flipping hungry! Nom, nom, NOM. It is a very nice change when I've spent the last two months forcing myself to eat just to maintain my weight, and would have rather lived off air. Hope it lasts!

The plan, exercise wise is to hopefully have high enough sats on the treadmill to reassure myself this is a blip and I can continue as per next week.
I planned a couple of very gently interval running sessions this week if I was feeling fit, but obviously that's gone out the window, so I'll just be doing my 40 minutes walking a day on 2l O2, and seeing how it gooooes!

Maybe if there was a high flow O2 tank small enough for me to run with I would be able to get back much sooner! LOL. Unless anyone fancies carrying it for meee?
No? Okay then... I'll wait.

Ah well, I expect I shall have hospital addendumcomplexcomplainmodedirtytalk tomorrow if you'll join me. Till then, take care and have a decent cup of tea on me. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment