Thursday 19 March 2009

No freedom... yet.

Allo,

I appear, as usual, to be VERY much mistaken in my judegements. Just because when Drs and Nurses keep telling you you'll be getting out/finishing your IVs ect ect... it's quite customary to believe them. But nope, apparently the only person who I should listen to from now in is my consultant. Having not had a long line put in on monday or tuesday because the registrars kept telling me I'd only be on IVs till the end of the week, now it seems I really should have got one in to last till monday. Very grrr! So many unneccessary and painful venflons later, I'm still having IVs till monday. As planned... I wish people would get their facts right before just giving false hopes to us!
Never mind though, as all in all it was a good day and my chest is still pretty good. Mum came up and although we had to hang around for late ward rounds and an x-ray before finally getting our walk in the park, it was worth it and we did have an action packed game of scrabble while we waited. And tea and cake after... yummers.
I got up rather late compared to other days, as in 8.30! Woops... and by that time someone was already on the treamill for a bit, so I basically just decided to get up and chill out rather than my usual 2k morning sesh. Later on the physio wanted to do my oxygen levels whilst walking anyway, so I had a 10 minute brisk walk then.
I put it on 6kmph, 2% incline and started with no 02 at all just because I like to see what I'm working with. And 1-2 minutes in, sats were 78. Which is always a bit sad when they go in the 70s, especially since I was only walking. Ho hum though... at least it was a fast walk! So slipped the old nose specs back on on 3-4L, and maintained sats at about 90-92. Lovely and helpful and scarily knowledgable as the physio is, she did keep asking me loads of questions whilst I was doing it, even though she'd told me to focus on big deep breaths through the o2 pipes... so yeah, understanderbly, my sats dropped to 83 right at the end of the 10 minutes coz I was trying to talk! Waste of my valuable oxygen!

After a little natter with the Doc just after, and a quick x-ray (which I must say is a HUGE improvement on the last one I saw - just a load of scarring... but hardly any solid white chunks), we went for our 30 minute jaunt round the park and to the little cafe. And did it all fairly fast and chatting, so a good workout really.

I planned to do my little running sesh at about 8.30pm to allow food to go down... then had a teeny temperature spike so fell asleep untill that time, when someone else went on the treadmill for a while, so I kind of hung around till about 9.45 to do it. I did 3 minutes brisk walk, 2 minutes jogging, another 3 minutes walking, another 2minutes jogging, then 6 minutes walking to cool down. So only 4 minutes jogging tonight... short and sweet. However, the physio is coming at 11am tomorrow for my session, where I want to do 10 minutes, so at least my legs won't be too tired. I'll do 20 minutes first thing to stretch them out a bit first and make sure I'm awake!

And I mean it... finished by 8am latest to ensure that I actually get on it, and that I'm recovered in time for the big one! I think I'll try and push really hard for the running bits, as I really want to get that 10 minutes again. I'll have to see what my sats do and how tolerant of low sats the physio remains! Then to the park if it's nice... will be in order.

So... more IVs, more IV steroids (boooo) and then a firm "We'll talk" on monday. I shall let you know how my sesh went... oh the excitement.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment