Tuesday 24 March 2009

12 Minutes! Where did that one come from? >Grin<

Today was so much better. I woke up at 7.30 a little while after IVs, did nebs and then got myself on the treadmill sharpish. And it was a really good old walk too, I did just over 2km in 20 minutes, half of it at 4% incline too! So I was chuffed with that, and knew it was going to be a better day today.
I had a sunny walk in the park after lunch, so that was another (very easy) 20 minutes, then just before dinner, I thought I'd better get on and do my hard sesh rather than have to wait hours after eating. I started off with 4 minutes at 6kph, then turned up the o2 to 10l and went on to do EIGHT, yes 8 (!) minutes at 8.2kph without stopping. I had no idea I was going to do that, as I set out to do 10 minutes total, broken in to maybe 2 fours and a final 2. But nope, I just seemed much more comfortable whilst doing it than last time and it would have felt such a shame to break it up when I felt I could do loads more. I was quite amazed after 6 minutes that I felt still relatively comfortable so I thought maybe I'd last another minute... then by focusing on maintaining my form and not hunching or leaning too much, and taking huge deep breaths in relaly sucking up the oxygen, I managed to go on till 8 minutes.
At that point I was very tired but I got my breath back quite fast just walking at 6, and after a four minute recovery, went for my next 2 minutes. It felt quite short compared, so I just had 2 minutes recovery walking, then thought why not just try for another 2 minutes? So I did!
Bloody brilliant... I can't even begin to describe how much my legs ached after but it was totally worth it! And the coughing only got to be alot right at the end whilst I did my recovery walk.
Covered just over 3km in 26 minutes, which is loads loads more than last week and I wouldn't have thought I could manage it then, especially since I'd already done a fair amount in the day.
Needless to say, totally knackered and after dinner I had the old tempy spikey come back, which meant I dozed off in bed untill about 8pm. Woops. It's come down by itself though, so I'm not entirely sure why I keep getting the little temperatures and chills in the early mornings and evenings. It's odd but I'm trying to not worry tooo much since I haven't had an actual fever and it does always go back to normal after a few hours.
Currently I'm waiting for yet another new venflon for my nighttime IVs, since this one has gone very painful and stiff. After less than two days. I'm getting so annoyed about this now. We had three attempts at a long line yesterday, no-one tried today, and here I am still running out of veins and having 4 stingy lots of medication a day through stupid little pieces of plastic that pack up and leave rock hard stringy veins in their wake. Can't wait till I get out and I can't deny that this is one of the main reasons why!
Still, it's not hindering my little joggettes so there is at least some balance between le bad and le bon.
Mummy bear is also venturing up tomorrow for much scrabble, yummy lunch and cuddles. Which will be loverry and very needed.
Well, less whinging today and hopefully even less tomorrow.
I want to do the same morning workout, then a little walk with Mum, then probably aim to do another jog session late afternoon. And then collapse, probably!

Laters xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment