Wednesday 18 March 2009

It was a day of recovery. Sunny recovery though ;-)

Hola,

Well, as predictimondo, my legs remained pretty tired and achey from the massive increase in erm... my using them over the past few days. Which is fine, it means I'm getting WORKOUTS!! Not physiotherapy... workouts. Ha. So I basically got up early (7) first and foremost to wash my locks before the severe drought that was to be in Caplin. Then on to business - a 21 minute walk on the treaders covering 2km. So a PB of late, since it's normally been taking me about 24 minutes to cover the 2k. AND I did it at 3% incline so nerrr. The legs kind of held out but I pretty much could tell that today was not going to be a running day lol.
Instead, I decided to just go to the park after lunch and do 2 laps at a decent enough pace (no O2 remember!) for a 40 minute 'sesh'. So I'v still done an hour's walking today, much more than I would have been doing a few weeks back and this was an 'easy' day!

Other than the two walks I've been totally knackered feeling all day... not in an ill sort of way, just because of doing loads but that's ace anyway because I've pretty much got most of the day to do these self indulgent exercise, rest, eat, repeat type cycles in here. Passes the time nicely.

And I reckon just the whole thing of being in the ward makes you feel a bit jaded too, coz it's just not home! The waterpipe crisis was not too bad like I thought it would be... and I got to have a little recky of rivierer ward too. It's shite! Well old fashioned and not as clean looking as caplin... and the staff were giving me the eye for walking in... as if they hadn't been told people from caplin would be using the loos...tsk tsk. Glad I'm over here in the posh unit even if we do have momentary water shortages!

Chest wise, I'm doing well still, I'm coughing away but it's turned in to more of a dry, loose tickly sort of cough not all tight and gluggy. My sats are totally awesome at rest still, like I've been getting 98!! I mean that's bloody good. It's just the old overnight and exercise thingy where they drop away to the 80s. Ah... I'm a child of the 80s and I can't hide it! I've been doing all my sessions alone so no pulse oximetre of late, but I imagine I'll be sticking with the same 02 requirements for a little while - 3-4 litres for exertion and 1 litre overnight. S'all good though. I reckon come the day where I take the old portable cyclinder out for a proper run, people will think I'm some astronaut in training or something. Cooool.

I'm really hoping they take me back off hydrocortisone tomorrow and maybe even finish IVs and get out before the weekend... I don't think there's anything else that can be achieved with more antibiotics now since my infection levels are totally stamped now. And you guessed it, I still hate IV steroids!! My weight is a joke - 44 this morning, 46.3 this afternoon, and then probably somewhere in between now. Proper yo-yo-er me. I can feel it when I'm bloating out - my fingers are all puffy and my shoes feel tight lol!

My loverly Mum is coming up tomorrow, which is always fabby. Totally breaks up the time when we can have loads of chats and cuddles and dinner at the nice veggie restaurant!

Exercise for tomorrow... I think today will have done my legs a world of good to get over the past few days, so I think I'll go for 10 minutes jogging again. And the usual 40-50 minutes walking. Bring it onnnn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment