Tuesday 17 March 2009

And since I gone this far, I figured I'd just keep right on running...

So there I was all geared up for the afternoon sesh, getting kind of nervy and sweaty like you do, and it started like all my other sessions this week: a few minutes brisk walking. But no, today was different for my first running interval, which I was thinking I'd do the same 2 minutes as before, I ended up doing 6 whole minutes without stopping. After the first 2 minutes, I was getting a bit tired but just felt like carrying on for another minute and see if I could do 3. After that I was like, well that wasn't too bad, why not try for 4? And then as the 4th minute passed and I got cocky, I just thought... hang on, I'm on to something here. I'm just going to do another whole 2 minutes and THEN I'll have a walk. And I freaking did!!
I was a bit too knackered and full of lactic acid at the end of this to actually utter any form of exitement physically, but there were some right fireworks going on inside. Hooo. Yes.
So I went on and had a good long 4 minute walk after that, before doing two more 2 minute intervals, slightly faster, which means I have done 10 minutes jogging today! 10 just sounds so good compared to single digits. I'm really surprised at the speed it's been coming on fitness wise this week.
The big session overall was 3.4km, in about 30 minutes, and I had also done my morning 2km, plus a 20 minute stroll in the park which was well worth the wait. So I've covered about 7km in total today. It's a definate thumbs up, but I reckon tomorrow, I'll aim to just do the same again rather than adding again.
Just because I've increased the training every day for the past few days and just as anyone's who did this in training would be, my legs are getting very tired and a little bit achey from lots of wear and a bit of lactic acid stuff. I was also very sleepy and slightly shakey after the session, and my temp was slightly high - which is probably my body trying to get used to all this exercise by revving up my metabolism and all that shizzle.
So if I can equal today, I'll be happy, and if my legs are tired and I half the running, that'd be fine too. I mean realistically, I know that to a seasoned and fit runner I'm doing very little, but I would never have run everyday and pushed hard everyday when I was fit, so I think the same rules apply now. It's all relative I spose.

Oh and in regular LCH madness style, I've been prewarned that between 7.30am and evening, there will be NO RUNNING WATER ON THE WARD!! Erm... yes, in a hospital. No hand washing... all day... yep. And for each pee, I will need to venture to rivierrer ward where the elitist members will still have fresh water. I'm going to have to plan ahead with the toilet trips, then. I mean, like at least 5-10 minutes before I envisage it getting serious... especially since my kidneys have now decided they DO know how to get rid of water, and I'm losing a pound or two a day in fluid weight. Oh what an interesting day I've got ahead. I can't wait to see how all the nurses will manage... presumeably loads of clorohexidine wipes and hand sanitisers.

Right, I'll have to be up early to wash my hair! So nighty night and I'll be back for nattering soon. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Ur kidding? Hahah fantastic ! Whys that? So they can fix the toilet maybe? I assume u mean just for one day, and not every day to save money :-S?

    ReplyDelete