Sunday 15 March 2009

All oxygen cylinders firing... 6 minutes running... GO! GO! GO!!

The day came!! I did the 6 minutes - broken in to 6 x 1 minute within a 20 minute session with the physio on today. He was all up for getting me running too, so after predictable sats droppage with certain speeds (same as yesterday), we just whacked up the 02 to 4L, and went right ahead with the intervals! I felt good all in all. Knackered like I used to feel after running a 5k race, but good. My sats were at 83 by the end of the last rep, but they were higher than that (84-88) for the other runs, it was just the cumulative oxygen consumption I think. It was so good to 'feel' the running again, even for what it was. It was still running, I still ran for 6 minutes in total, and I'm still chuffed about it, so nothing can take that away.
Physio was pleased with it and is keen to do the same sesh tomorrow. So in total today, I had my 20 minute (2km) walk first thing, then a little stroll in the park with Mum and Dad, who bought a great picnic for us to have in the sunshine (I felt so civilised lol), then a bit later, 'THE session', which was tha 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes walking to recover (Another 3km done). Hehe... got to say I'm so proud to say I walked to recover. I used to collapse on my bed for two hours to recover. So about 1 hour of solid exercise again.
I sarrrrpose I'll aim for an hour in the same format tomorrow, although times may be skewiff because Mondays are ward round days too. I guess I'll have the early walkies done by 8, so that I can be scrubbed up, nebbed, and breakied in time to go for lung functions. I'm gonna put the funk in lung function as well. That spirometer will not know what to do with itself when I blow in it. Whahahaha.

I reckon since I've been so well exercised for the past few days I could blow about 65% now. I reckon my volumes will be up, so we'll see. And to be honest, I don't really care what that piece of paper says as long as I am feeling good. What. Ever. Is all I can say... the spirometry had my lung functions as 75% a couple of months ago and yet gas transfer showed my effective lung function to be about 30-40%. So I'll not be too anal on numbers.

Well, I'll be updating with the thrilling Drs verdicts and my blows, and hopefully more hardcore TRAINING!!! Seeyas xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment