Saturday 14 March 2009

Or just don't do it...

Ahem. So today WAS a good day overall, I have done an hour of pretty good exercise in total. Hoooever... my dreamy dreams of doing 6 minutes of jogging during the session, were not to be today. I was allowed... wait for it - ONE minutes. One poxy minute, then forced to go back to a walk because my sats had gone to 84 on 2 litres. So we put it up to 3L for the rest of the sesh so I could carry on with a brisk walk and keep my sats at 89-90.
It was a bit dissapointing but at least I know exactly where I'm at with the running now, before I was unaware they would go quite as low. So the plan is to repeat that session tomorrow with whoevers about, and probably put the o2 up to 4L when I do a minute or two of running, then back to brisk walk and recover, then hopefully be able to do more running intervals. So as before, it's very much work in progress.
If the physio on tomorrow is a bit more leniant and lets me, then I'm just going to keep the o2 at 3-4 L and try and get those 6 minutes in to the 20 minutes session.

So after the 20 minutes morning session, I had that other 20 minutes quite intense with Physio, then after recovering with the O2 till heart rate had gone down and sats were normal, I snuck out to the park for 20 minutes and had a nice briskish walk (no O2, but I don't really different without it with the walking now).
I got back and conked out on my bed so obviously I'm very very well exercise today!
My Ma and Pa are coming tomorrow, so I'll be having a nice walk in the park with them, plus a morning session of 20-25 minutes. Can't wait hehehe.
In other news, I still hate hydrocortisone. It's making me bloat like a trooper. I was 43kg on monday, and now I'm 47! So nearly a kg a day. And given that my appetite has gone back to normal now, methinks this fluidiness is not healthy! God, I've never been so eager to get back on steroid tablets for their lack of side effects!
I'm now refusing the overnight fluids as when I think about it, I certainly don't need any extra salt to make me retain water. The litre bag you have overnight is isotonic (0.9% salt), so contains a whopping 9g of salt overnight! On top of my regular food salt intake!! No wonder I wake up bloated... Jeez. So I think cutting that sodium injection and just having lots of plain water may ease some of the puffiness and make me feel a bit more normal , although I doubt my weight will be normal till a few days after coming off IVs. It's funny really as they've been on at me to gain weight for ages, now it's out of control and not the right kind! All or nothing, me.

Righto, I'll update tomorrow with more enthralling exercise bloggage. Till then take care xxx

1 comment:

  1. Fluids are a good idea if ur chest is being a bitch though, loosens it up no end, but im sure u no that

    ReplyDelete