Thursday 26 February 2009

Land speed record for LCH - in and out in 1 HOUR!

Okay just when I've whinged till I can (almost) whinge no more about the hospital, they go and surprise me. Firstly I got there just before 12, called the nurse, and she phoned right down to phlebotomy (hahaha phlebby) to order my blood tests, I went in 5 minutes later (!) and got done with a BUTTERFLY needle, not a green one! Sadly the lady used the exact same spot as monday so although the needle was appropriately small it was THE most painful needle insertion I've ever had. Ohmygod the pain... cringe. It was fine once she took it out though. So then off I sauntered up to the ward expecting to have to wait for a reg to ask loads of questions, demand phlegm and lung functions, and take 3 hours to write a script... it was really busy up there so I was thinking it would be an epic wait... but actually the fact that they were inundated worked in my favour and I had no obs done, no tests, and no doctor. The CF nurse simply got Dr to sign a script for cipro, gave it to me and said to call if it didn't help, and sent me packing!! Easiest. Visit. Ever. So finally I've got what I wanted in the first place to clear up a straight ickle chest infection. Two weeks cipro and a bit of piece and quiet.
I'm actually feeling okay, although looking a bit pale and uninteresting... my breathing has stayed very good. I was worried last night about it and used the oxygen for a few hours, but definately haven't needed any today which tells me that it is just simple crappy chest and not the pneumonia flaring up. Phewwww.
Train journey was quite good except someone farted in the very crowded carriage on the central line. Why? Just... why? I bet the sod was getting off at the very next stop as well. Madness.
Other than walking to and from train stations (about 20 mins total) I didn't exercise as energy levels have been rubbish. But I figure that since the breathings stayed okay I'll get back out for a walk tomorrow. I'll aim to do 40 minutes which I don't see there being any problems with. Although Adz will be over, and since he's been very under the weather with his chest today, we may be taking it easy.
Poor Adz might have to go in AGAIN the poor bloke... I really really hope that this blip clears up especially as he also really wants to get back with his cycling and take up running. So frustrating.
Anymwway, not much else to report except to remind you all to stay happy and well and hold your farts in on busy trains. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment