Monday 16 February 2009

A snort on the wild side

Today was an early start - first one in like forever. This is for a number of reasons - 1) I've become quite lazy and like my sleep; 2) I haven't really had anything to get up for except medication and coughing, which I do and then fall asleep again and 3) I've got used to feeling so ill and breathless/tight chested in the morning tha frankly it's easier to just sleep through it and deal with it later on.
This brings me on to the post title... I still have this residual stiff chest thing, which makes it really quite painful to take a full breath in and fill my lungs without immediately coughing and spluttering afterwards. This has improved, but has gone on for so long now that I subconciously clench my belly muscles and inspiratory muscles to 'clamp' when I'm about to inflate my lungs during say... coughing fits, post sneeze, and yawning! This results in a snorting sound in the back of my throat... very very annoying and very funny too as it's like I've got no control over making pig noises!
Just thought i'd share that with you...

Anyway early start and fairly successful too - not too badly breathless although when I got over to uni to sort out some things I noticed the difference between walking in the morning (which I haven't been) and walking in the afternoon with a clear chest and more relaxed lungs.
Still, I got my 30 minutes in so another day another dollar really.
Tomorrow I'm going to the gym, so will know what pace I'm doing, can push a bit harder as I'll be on a treadmill, and will do some weights afterwards!
Bring on the weights. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment