Wednesday 25 February 2009

Bring on the orals... Hahahaha. Orals.

Yeah - as usual I've found a way to be pissed off. My chest has felt slightly more rubbish yesterday and today... so obviously last weeks 'blip' was indicative of something brewing. I didn't do ANY exercise yesterday, ended up staying in bed till about 4pm, coughing up the most attractive lung oysters I've seen in a while, and feeling tight chested. Shizzle.
Look away now if you aren't in the mood to read a rantfest....
Soo, rewind to clinic on frid-waa. I go "I'm not as good as two weeks ago" and my lung function was still 61% (rubbish for me. It was 73% when I left hospital). And there's more green plugginess coming up. "Oh" is the answer I get. And Dr was reluctant to add any antibiotics 'at this stage' just in case it gives me some fantastical drug reaction that I've never had.... so basically she'd prefer to wait till I feel crapola, struggling to breathe again and needing IVs?!
And here's the other niggle - EVERY time I've gone to them ill, someone has to go to me "why did you leave it so late. In the future just let us know as soon as it comes on". Erm... JELLLOOOO? I seem to recall that the week before going in reallly ill, I called when I wasn't too bad, went over and got checked out, and got away with a course of orals and steroids for a week. Which was fine and all I thought I needed except it didn't work. Not my fault, not their fault.
But apparently to them... me getting ill is down to me hiding away and letting it all brew up nicely in to a great big mess. And yet she won't give me some freaking orals when I ask for them.
So since the bloods were done at the wrong time anyway on monday and have to be redone tomorrow, meaning I'll go back up to LCH for the third time in a week (but hey don't worry I've got nothing else I rather be doing) to be bled with a GREEN needle (the huge ones that I only use to draw up drugs!), and I've told them that I want to see a doctor while I'm there. Ha. I'm not letting this go... why is it now acceptable for me to be arsing around with half the lung function I had in september, coughing up muck and waking up full of it, just because they don't want to add anything 'yet'. How bad do I have to get then... all fun and games to Drs isn't it, yet they forget it's us living with it.

Right. Rant over. I expect I'll get no exercise again today because yet again I can't catch my breath just walking around the house.
Oh wellll, give it a week I think and I think I'll be on form again. And untill then I'll just have to do what I can. Take it sleazy, fellow penguins xxx

2 comments:

  1. Awww hunni, you tell those Dr's what for and say NO GREEN NEEDLE or else you will be angry and stab them with a green needle, RAWR, and rest hard and get wellage. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell the idiots not to use a green needle, and to use a VacPump or Butterfly. They would be told where to go if they came at me with a green !

    ReplyDelete