Saturday 21 February 2009

Showing those oxygen cylinders where to GO!

Off you toddle, portable oxygen offerage, I won't be needing you. Ha. Today was a day of much betterness... and didn't I need it after yesterday!
This makes me more confident that the past few days were just a blip and hopefully now I'll be getting back on track. I was totally shattered after yesterday so slept for about 10-11 hours, then got up and did all my treatments, had toast AND fresubin so that's like 900 calories by 11.30, then showered without being really winded afterwards (!) and did my hair and makeup because my friend was coming round to pick me up. We journeyed over to Arundel for a light stroll round the shops and a cappucino (see I'm well classy inniit). Was so nice to see her and catch up cause we haven't for months!
After I got back I went out for my daily constitutional... walk. But decided I'd try and go further since my breathing seemed so much better. And managed a whopping 3 miles! At a decent pace (took me about 1 hour and it's hilly). Coughed all the way but breathing stayed fantastically good, and clearing loads of stuff is always a bonus anyway!

>Happy<

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mish, Saw your blog on the CF board so thought I'd have a nosey. I was intrigued by the title as I too am trying to get back to fitness after having a really rough time last year. Your story is so similiar to mine appart from I was nowhere near as fit as you were before I got sick. Anyway just wanted to say you've got a great attitude and I really hope you get back to where you want to be. I'm sure you will - it's early days and once you are running again I'm sure the old LF will get higher. It's definitely possible to run pretty well with your current LF anyway. I've been up to a mile of jogging with a LF of around 50% after only 3 wks of training. Keep on trucking hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog hun, keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to pop in and say hello :)

    I shall be reading

    V x

    (Victoriax from the boards)

    ReplyDelete