Monday 13 July 2009

This is ROCK AND ROLL!!!

OH. MY. GOD. I went to wembley stadium last night to see not just Reverend and the makers, not just Kasabian, not just The Enemy, but all those and OASIS!!

It was probably the single most amazing and breathtaking days of my life, just awesome. There was about 70 thousand in there, heuge stage but it still looked small in Wembley (!), we jumped up and down, Oasis sung wonderwall, we all got soaked in beer, we had tasty burgers, I got a t-shirt, I'm in some random people's videos, I wore bright pink drainpipes, I shouted I love you Noel... erm... FOOKIN BRILLIANT!!

We had a slight moment of worry that we may not make it on saturday evening as my temperature went up and oddly enough I fainted after eating dinner. Only briefly but not very pleasant and I spent the rest of the evening crashed out on the sofa. It must have been a combo of things though - I'd done quite a lot of walking and it was chilly outside, my temperature came up too quickly, I had a bit of wine and a pretty rich fish pie that my cousin made... and just came over all dizzy. Next stop - the floor.
However, we were patient enough to just see what happened, I'd already taken painkillers so the temp was on it's way down again anyway, I had oxygen on the whole evening, took it easy, and decided not to do my feed as it raises your body temperature with you digesting it and everything. Instead I just did 1200mls of water over 8 hrs with some electrolyte sachets in it, and subsequently woke up feeling absolutely fine. And OFF WE WENT!!!!

I feel so lucky and so buzzing from it all, there wasn't a single song that you kind of wanted to finish and move on to the next, just endless brilliant performing. Epic.

My chest isn't brilliant, but in all honesty, I spent all night singing and cheering at the top of my voice lol... and it just so happened that we were right behind the only people in the stadium who thought it was fine to keep smoking. They were told by a guard, then lit up again, then I asked him, then he lit up again, and so on... about 5 ciggerettes I've smoked then... so I'm chesty and tight and making firm friend with ventolin nebs again. And bricanyl... and symbicort. Drugs.

I had a day without planned exercise per se, as we were walking about 3 km in total around wembley to and from our car park at the other end of town, and I was on my feet dancing for about 3 hours. Plus I slipped in an accapella session before we left to try and stay nice and clear.

My plan today is to erm, probably try and cover 3 miles in two sessions. Should be manageable. And this time, no wine and fish pie straight afterwards!

Ciou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment