Friday 3 July 2009

Home leave soon!! But first, many, many blood tests.

Ahh, I'm having a lovely weekend at home with Mum, Dad and Claire (my georgeous cousin who's living with us for a while, with her pooch)! I'm off home later tonight and will come back sunday night, with intentions of being out for good next thursday, which doesn't seem too bad now.
The quirky little LCH catch is that as I'll need to come off this IV hydrocortisone, and need higher doses of steroids again for a while which won't be that easy with the triamcinalone jabs I've been having, I'm having my prednisolone absorption test and cortisol level testing today... so I had my 9am cortisol/ hydrocort. levels, nightmare, we had to use the vein in my groin and it fricking hurt.... then half dose of hydrocort. and first dose of prednisolone and then more blood at 11am, then 12.30, then one more at 3pm. Phew. Basically we think that I will absorb the pills, but that I may just need a higher dose to get the right blood levels. Which gives me a bit more freedom then having to come up for jabs all the time!

I finish my IVs today, so no home IVs to do which is going to be lovely! Just voriconazole and nebbing, and steroids. And the customary prescription for food and lots of it.
I'm not sure if I'll get much driving done as the left side is still a bit weak and numb... but if I could do an easy half an hour I'd be happy, just see where I'm at ya knowww.
In terms of exercise, I've got a little bit of a plan... I think since the pain in my back is hardly bothering me at all now (!) it's just a bit stiff and touchy, and my lungs are staying quite good, I'll aim to get back up to a better pace for walking.

It won't be the normal 4mph but I think I'll go for 20 minutes at 3.5, twice a day at home and see how it goes. Then I can report back for a bit more of an increase come monday. I think I just need to keep well rested and get my legs stretched and blood pumping a bit again rather than expect anything great after such a week. But I imagine that there's going to be nothing to stop me having a bit of a run in a couple of weeks time! Goody...

Anyways, I'll update you from the abode this weekendo. Have a goodern you lot xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment