Thursday 9 July 2009

Progressin noicely fenk youuu

Hiiii,

As expected, I've had a much better couple of days since my return to the homeland. Firstly I got a good nights sleep which always changes your perspective (I was feeling rather snowed under on the journey back) and makes you think straight.
Next, I had a driving lesson just for an hour the next morning and even though it went okay and nothing major made me worried, I decided that I would cancel my driving test next thursday as I'm just not confident enough with the town driving, my left side isn't that strong yet (makes putting the handbrake on and quick gear changes harder). I think it's the right choice as I know that even if I passed by fluke I wouldn't be happy driving around guildford alone.
This means I'll be re-doing my theory at some point in August. Very frustrating but that's that and I'm not going to lose anymore sleep over it. :-/

I've been sticking with the 40ish minutes of walking in it's various forms per day... managing a 30 minute treadmill walk on wednesday and improving to a hilly 40 minutes this morning. And I'm not going that slowly anymore now that the muscles are less painful, so gradually I'm getting closer to the jogging stage! Not long! And of course it needs to be fairly hasty as we've got the Cancer research UK 10k on September 13th.
Of course it doesn't matter if I ended up walking most of it, but I don't want to. So I'll still be trying to run at least half. I've got nearly 2 months so it seems doable given my fitness before this setback and how well things were progressing.

Since I've done 40 minutes quite comfortably this morning, I'll see about doing a bit more later, maybe 10 minutes at a faster pace on treadmill?
I think my goal for two weeks time is to be running again perhaps for around 5 minutes at a time, about 2-3 in a session. And be doing it 2-3 times a week. But I'll have to play it by ear as my breathlessness is still bit more than I'd like even at rest (gas transfer dropped a bit), and I'm aware I might have to use more o2 temporarily.

We had a really cool day yesterday, having spent ALL morning practically tearing my hair out over trying to get hold of the home enteral company to arrange delivery and 'pump training', we eventually got it sorted for today, so we could go out in the afternoon. I had birthday money to spend (new look vouchers, thanks Sis) so naturally clothes shopping all the way, and a nice club sandwichee in maison Blanc. Dontcha know.

I got a brilliant pair of bright pink skinnies from H & M and a black patterned Tshirt to go with it to wear to the OASIS concert on Sunday!!!! Plus the Enemy and Kasabian :-0 I haven't known about it for that long but these are three of my all times faves and it will be EPIC. It's my first concert too, what a way to begin!

Yep, Oasis, the Enemy and Kasabian all under one roof (well, wembley). I might need more than one pair of pants.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment