Sunday 24 May 2009

The grasshopper has landed.

Well, it's official - I OWN A CAR!!! We went over to Guildford yesterday and smuggled him away in all his lime green splendorrr.

I've driven in it twice and although the first time was shakey as I've been learning in a diesel and Baz takes petrol, so my clutch control suffered a bit at first!! Today was great though, no problems now I've got used to his revvage. ;-)

I'm also totally psyched to tell yas that this morning I ran for 22 minutes non-stop. Then 1 x 2 minutes as well. So I've actually ran for 24 minutes today!! Bloody brilliant feeling and although this was on 9 lpm O2, I feel that I can start cutting down on this a bit more even for longer intervals. I feel better having the 8-9 lpm for the longest run as it's after a while that I seem to still get hypoxic, but I think I'm now at the stage where 4-6 lpm would be plenty for runs up to 10 minutes. So HA! Take that, hypoxia! You won't be beating moi.

Then to make my working outness ultra-enhanced, I got to go over the gym (I drove Daddio over, hehe) and since I had clearly done my cardio for today, I made it a pure weights/ core stability session. So a good 40 minutes of hard full body weight work, followed by crunches, side crunches, side leg raises, planks ect to work those core musceys. Really enjoyed it and I didn't even bother to TAKE oxygen with me since it was just short reps, no cardio, so just had a 'normal person workout' with no tubes! lol.
I did also have gym session yesterday, which I did 35 minutes cycling, 10 minutes elliptical and stretches.
All in all, a blardy good weekends worth of training which I think I'll be reaping the benefits from. Oh I'll reap them big time baby.

Righty, that's all for now, as always hope you're guten xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment