Friday 15 May 2009

Energy gels, tired legs and a car named Basil

Howdy doody,

Well, I've got to say that there's not an awful lot to report recently... things are pretty busy but steady.
I've been doing 6-10 minutes of jogging most days, as well as 2-4 mile walks, averaging 5 miles a day on foot. Which is very good, although I've not really managed to cut down on the o2 much yet as the breathlessness seems stable too. As in, definately never getting worse, but also not a great deal better during exercise. Still, I'm definately okay at rest bar the odd moment, and still feeling well.
I did have a funny turn the other day though... which I'm putting down to tiredness from a late night (babysitting) and loads of activity. I basically felt like a leadweight all day, and at one point, when no one was about, just had a lie down on the floor in the hallway. Couldn't be arsed to move to a more sensible lying down spot, so erm, the floor did the job. Weird. After a good nights sleep and also plenty of high carb snacks in the evening, I was back to my old self! Needless to say, that was my 'easy' day this week, with just 3 miles gentle walking. I've taken the precaution of either an energy gel or a small handful of sweets (naughty naughty) a bit before sessions as I think I need that burst of energy to aid good glycogen stores and keep up the fuel, plus I could do with some sneaky calories anyway.
I'll admit that the running interval session today felt a bit of an effort - my legs were a bit tweaky and heavy, and I was a little bit more brethless than usual, perhaps due to the humidity today... I could really do with a gym session to take that impact down for a day - hopefully tomorrow I'll get over there.
I'm rather showy-offingly proud to report that I am getting a CAR next week. Hooo yes. A new ford fiesta zetec in a pretty fabulous green colour.
Naturally, then, I'm calling him Basil. Baz will also be acceptable. Along with Shaz (Sharron, my trusty and very loud nebuliser) it's quite the smashing name duo, no?
I haven't got my licence yet, but I'll be able to learn in Basil between lessons. Speed things up a bit I hope!

I have a week till clinic... can't believe how quickly it comes round. And I think they'll be fairly happy with things, I expect my blows to be great and blood gases stable if not better, but there's the pressing issue of having not gained weight yet... still 42-43 by my scales so no different to last clinic although 1kg up from March. It's just sort of... not budging anymore even though I feel like I'm eating loads. Oh well, my overall health is flipping great compared so I'm not going to obsess over it.. just maybe a few more calshakes this week ;-D

So erm, how boring of me, really! Sorry for lack of progress of late and hope you're all doing well. Blogging out... x

No comments:

Post a Comment