Friday 22 May 2009

Pimp my LUNG FUNCTION !!!!! :-D

112%!!!!! WHOOOOOO >falls off of proverbial chair<

Can you tell that clinic went well today?! Yep, blows were 112% up from 85% just one month ago, and get this - my gas transfer is now 59%!!!! Up from 36%!!! No wonder I've been needing less oxygen and running so much further these past couple of weeks. Something has started working seriously well ;-)

My blood gases were also almost normal! Only like, 0.7 points to go before I'm normal. (Well, as far as gases go lol) I'm so pleased about today I practically skipped out of the hospital and to be honest, would have kissed my Doctor if a) she weren't female and b) it wasn't quite innapropriate. Still, what I'm saying is that I'm blinking chuffed with things and I don't think I'd be in that position without my brilliant Doctors and Physios.
Obviously I am really proud that I've come along so much because I've put in alot of hard work too. It's totally paying off in terms of my overall well being and getting my lung volumes up so high again.

Now all I need to do is keep this thang going and hopefully keep getting better and better! Weight still an issue so they're pushing more supplements but to be honest I think if I can achieve what I have done with my lungs in the past few months, then gaining a few pounds isn't that hard compared... or it shouldn't be.

Workouts have also gone well this week, most days have been 5 miles in total, with 10 minutes running in various length intervals. I had a day off running today, just walked but still covered 4-5 miles.
Tomorrow will be 3 mile walk and 3x2 minute runs, quite easy in preparation for Sunday - the 'long run' lol. Which I'll be aiming for 18 minutes non stop. All I can say is BRING. IT. ON.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm falling off my chair right with you! Besides running, do you do anything else for working out (e.g. exercise bikes and such) as now I've finished school and have a lot more time free, I think I'm going to do what you've done!! Obviously I'll have to start slow (I hate running at the moment, I have such short legs!) so if you could even give me the slightest tip to help, that'd be cool.

    27% increase. Unbeliveable. I recommend something along the lines of a CF hall of fame! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely brilliant! Well done. You are an example to us all and it's most certainly down to your very hard work and determination. Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete