Monday 27 April 2009

I like my umbrellas sturdy, my cappucinos sugary and my gym sessions oxygenated.

Can't believe that monday has rolled round again so sneakily and it's nearly the end sof the month again. But I'm loving all this springing in to action I seem to be doing, and actually feeling like I achieve something with my days! Earlyish awakening this not-so-fine morning as we were heading in to town to get a couple of kiddies birthday gifts and have a wander/ get stuff for dinrar. And also always manage to fit a starbucks in... ahem.
Fowl weather of course so no outsidey walkies expect for around Chichester high street, fighting the wind with an umbrella. Also I didn't have a morning sesh as my legs were frankly too tired and achey from yesterday and I figured I'd get a fastish walking session on Blacky the tread later on.
I got slightly paranoid that I woudn't be able to get anything done at all as my hips went quite clicky and a bit ouch just walking round town, so I figured the longer distanced walking every day since getting home probably warranted a break off the impact stuff. My luck arrived when Dad mentioned that he was playing squash at half 3 so I scooted over to the gym then. A perfect opportunity for a decent cardio and weighty session with no strain on my joints.
I stuck the tank on 3lpm and didn't go above that as I'd planned an easier day anyway. It ended up being just over 30 minutes cycling at about 10mph, 10 minutes elliptical at a fair rate, then some core stability and situps, then a couple of sets of weights for my shoulders/back and quads, and finally a good stretch.
My legs are dog tired still but not painful at all, so I think I'll be fine to get a 25 minute walk and a 15 minute intervals sesh tomorrow. That'll cover about 3 miles. I'm babysitting tomorrow night too which will be nice! As I've not sat for this family since last year.
I was quite chuffed that the continuous coughing untill recently has provided one benefit - strong abs! I manage 100 crunches without much difficulty at all today and I have a 4 pack going... so now I'm not coughing my ring up, I'll have to stick with the old crunches to keep it there!
Also, I was ever so slightly nervous about going to the gym with the o2, but it was really silly when I think about it, as hardly anyone really looked or anything. Bottom line is never to worry about what you look like too much because actually everyone is probably more concerned with what they look like! And of course getting their workout done. Lol... one less thing to worry about.

Take it Kneesy. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment