Sunday 26 April 2009

Black is soo the new, er, black.

Heyhey,

No update lastnight as my laptop threw a hissyfit and was punished by being shut down for the night. However life went on and workouts were done and massages had (!).
Saturday, I had a morning sesh of walking for 25 minutes, a couple of km, with just one little jog for a minute. Which felt pretty good, then in the afternoon I did 2 miles outside at a good pace, just on 2litres 02. Such a nice day, I'm loving being able to do loads outside at the moment!
I had planned to go straight on Blacky for 10 minutes whilst I was warmed up and in my kit, a do my 5 minutes of intervals then, but as we got back, some friends, who I haven't see for an absolute age, popped in for a cup of tea untill early evening. After they headed off though, I did go back out (dinner was only just going on anyway), it just meant I had to warm up again! I did 1 x 3 minute interval and 2 x 1 minutes on the 10 litres. It felt a bit hard but I wasn't surprised given that I hadn't done any jogging really since leaving LCH. Over a week, so no wonder it took some getting used to!
THEN, I could hardly believe my luck when some other friends came for the evening, one of who is a fantastic physio and has sorted me out soo well when I thought I was permanently seized up and decrepped. I thought they were just over to watch the telly and have some drinks but Physio, true to form, had bought her new folding bench contraption, and despite a full day of pummelling clients was raring to go! Mum and Dads room was transformed into a make-do studio with massage table and away we went... I had over an hour of upper body massage and also going over some exercises to keep my posture in line, and as ever, felt so much better afterwards.
She could really tell the difference from last time I went to see her when I was still pretty bad and totally knotted up from the violent coughing, so that was really encouraging.
All refreshed and de-kinked, I had my first session after watching some of the marathon (with green eyes!)outside at midday, walking 3 miles in about 50 minutes, which felt pretty good.
Blacky was awoken early evening for 8 minutes total of jogging and nearly 10 in and around that of walking to recover. It definately felt easier than the day before, so I think my lungs and legs were opened up a bit.

Since the last two days have been 4 milers, I'll ease off a little tomorrow as the legs feel tired, and probably cover just 2 miles walking, and 1 during the more intense session.

Night! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment