Saturday 11 April 2009

On the up (silent mouth so I don't jinx it)

Awite crew,

Apologies for the long moan last time, unfortunately it was indeed quite an upsetting and difficult few days. But it's all history now, I'll draw a big fat line under it I think!

The pain from the biopsy is much better now, and also I've been off paracetamol since yesterday afternoon and my temperatures has stayed very normal! Sooo, the treadmill was calling for me today (as well as the physio basically picking me up and shoving me on it lol) I was slightly apprehensive of getting out of breath since big deep breaths are still somewhat tender, but actually, it turned out to be the best exercise I've done in here since readmission! I covered 2.2km in 24 minutes which isn't amazing compared to what I'd got up to a few weeks back, but I'm feeling more positive about it all now since I did that with relative ease, on just 2l oxygen, and felt pretty springy ect. Yesterday I did no treadmill but did have a good stroll in the park for half an hour or so with Mum and Dad.
It was pretty awesome seeing them again even though it's only been a few days and we talk twice a day (at least lol). They cheered me up no end even though I was once again creamed at scrabble... harrumph. There was also cake involved at our favorite local cafe The wild Cherry. To be honest though, anything to get out of these four walls for a bit is good... I think you can let yourself get down pretty easily if you're alone with your thoughts and stuck in the unit alot.

I'm planning on going to the park for a lap after IVs this afternoon, which will be another 1.5 km roughly, then I also need to go to Tescos (about 15 minutes away) to pick up some foodstuffs (getting so very bored of the meals in here) so all in all it'll be quite a big step up exercise wise.

If I tolerate today well, then I'll aim for two sessions again tomorrow, and try to cover 5km in total. I really want to get my endurance back first and foremost then I'll worry about the speed, and aim to be back to at least 4 minutes jogging intervals by the end of this admission... whenever that is. Hopefully not more than another week I reckon, if all stays well.

Anywhom, that'll be it for the minute, and I'll let you know how the increased walkage went today.
Take it cheesy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment